More than 30 million Americans live with one or more dogs (Marks, 1999). pet owners many use poisons in and around their homes to address mites. Although many chemicals were beneficial, poor planning or improper use of a pesticide product may be be very toxic to dogs. Of course the best way to avoid toxicity is to avoid using chemical products. However, if these chemicals must be used be sure to read the labels, use the products properly, and be highly careful. Remember that dogs could be not just property; they were another member of the family.
chemicals A pesticide is any substance used to kill, repel, or otherwise control a pest. These include insecticides, herbicides, fungicides, rodenticides, and disinfectants. Apartments and houses were many hosts to common pests like cockroaches, ants, fungus, termites, and rats. Weeds, grubs, and aphids will get into lawns, flowers, and vegetable gardens. Simply put chemicals were designed to be toxic, they can pose a risk not only to children and adults but also to pets. Dogs could be exposed to poisons when they inhale, ingest, or absorb the product as a result of the skin. Animal studies have shown that certain chemicals can cause cancer, reproductive problems, birth defects, central nervous system disturbances, liver and kidney harm, and skin irritation.